Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Publishing workflows with encrypted password to the Gallery

pavloko
7 - Meteor

When I try to save a workflow to the Gallery, I get an error: 

RuntimeError: InternalError: DecryptPassword - buffer too small.

this error happens in Python SDK's decrypt_password and on the client I use the following to encrypt:

.postJsEventWithCallback('Encrypt', { text: this.state.apiToken, encryptionMode: 'machine' }, function (encryptedToken) {

I've noticed that Saleforce Input Tool uses the same method of encryption, but I don't get the same error when publishing workflows using it. 

How can I achieve the same with my tool?

25 REPLIES 25
BlytheE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dalym - at this point, I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support. They can help you troubleshoot this issue further. Thanks!

A_Twa
8 - Asteroid

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've got the same issue and even tried re-installing 2019.3, but nothing seems to bring back the new version of the input tool....

matt2
7 - Meteor

You might need to re-install the Salesforce tools from the Gallery. 

Per my earlier comment, my first solution was to use a depreciated version of the Salesforce tools.  However, after I had trouble with the new Salesforce tools I also noticed trouble with the Python tool - output from Python programs weren't being passed back into Alteryx.  While researching that, I found a post from the author of the Python tool saying that there was a bug in 2019.2 that caused trouble with Miniconda when you were working from a drive other than C: with spaces in the path (IT wants me to use the E: drive), so I reinstalled Alteryx Server in a file path without spaces ("ProgramFiles" instead of "Program Files").  I'm not 100% sure that's the reason that things are working for me now, but it might be worth trying.

NicolasDestombes
7 - Meteor

Does it mean that when I have a Salesforce Input tool using SOQL with IsDeleted=FALSE, it will generate this issue?

I got the error in Server while not in Desktop.

aa04
5 - Atom

For me, it is limited to gallery runs. Works well in designer runs.

rvwrvw
5 - Atom

@BlythE, when I bring the Salesforce Connector (V4.1?) onto the canvas (2019.4), I don't get "select version" option. On the other hand, this post is > 1 year old, any ETA when the Salesforce connector will work with scheduled (gallery) flows please? For me this is a real showstopper 😞
Thanks in advance!