Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Publishing workflows with encrypted password to the Gallery

pavloko
7 - Meteor

When I try to save a workflow to the Gallery, I get an error: 

RuntimeError: InternalError: DecryptPassword - buffer too small.

this error happens in Python SDK's decrypt_password and on the client I use the following to encrypt:

.postJsEventWithCallback('Encrypt', { text: this.state.apiToken, encryptionMode: 'machine' }, function (encryptedToken) {

I've noticed that Saleforce Input Tool uses the same method of encryption, but I don't get the same error when publishing workflows using it. 

How can I achieve the same with my tool?

25 REPLIES 25
BlytheE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dalym - at this point, I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support. They can help you troubleshoot this issue further. Thanks!

A_Twa
8 - Asteroid

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've got the same issue and even tried re-installing 2019.3, but nothing seems to bring back the new version of the input tool....

matt2
7 - Meteor

You might need to re-install the Salesforce tools from the Gallery. 

Per my earlier comment, my first solution was to use a depreciated version of the Salesforce tools.  However, after I had trouble with the new Salesforce tools I also noticed trouble with the Python tool - output from Python programs weren't being passed back into Alteryx.  While researching that, I found a post from the author of the Python tool saying that there was a bug in 2019.2 that caused trouble with Miniconda when you were working from a drive other than C: with spaces in the path (IT wants me to use the E: drive), so I reinstalled Alteryx Server in a file path without spaces ("ProgramFiles" instead of "Program Files").  I'm not 100% sure that's the reason that things are working for me now, but it might be worth trying.

NicolasDestombes
7 - Meteor

Does it mean that when I have a Salesforce Input tool using SOQL with IsDeleted=FALSE, it will generate this issue?

I got the error in Server while not in Desktop.

aa04
5 - Atom

For me, it is limited to gallery runs. Works well in designer runs.

rvwrvw
5 - Atom

@BlythE, when I bring the Salesforce Connector (V4.1?) onto the canvas (2019.4), I don't get "select version" option. On the other hand, this post is > 1 year old, any ETA when the Salesforce connector will work with scheduled (gallery) flows please? For me this is a real showstopper 😞
Thanks in advance!