Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Batching" Records for passing into Download Tool?

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Scenario: Alteryx needs to programmatically extract record data from Salesforce and pass in the comma-delimited Id value from each record into a Download tool's End Point that retrieves the specified data from YouTube's API as a JSON for parsing down streaming.

Challenge: YouTube's API only accepts 50 Ids passed into it for one given data pull.

Question(s)

1. Assuming there are 50+ Salesforce records, how could I use Alteryx tools to batch the records into 50 apiece?

2. How can I pass in the batch of 50 comma-delimited IDs into the Download Tool's endpoint URL? Is there some merge field that I could pass this string into?

2 REPLIES 2
Kanderson
10 - Fireball

We can definitely work out a batching macro, but have you considered the throttle tool? You can use this to limit how heavily you call or post to an API.

I have attached an example that will not execute as the API url is made up; however, it should give you a good pattern to follow for combining the URL and ID's as well as passing them to the download tool 50 at a time.

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Kanderson apologies for the much belated reply. In retrospect I don't think I was as precise with my question as I could have been, but your alteryx workflow was super helpful so I'll mark that as the solution.

IF you're willing, any suggestions if I am actually going to append all those values in Salesforce together and I only want to append a maximum of 50 field values at a time?

Labels