Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

multi-row function, saving row and row above

becki
8 - Asteroid

first off, again coming the ACL world, the multi row function is the coolest!  

i have a workflow (can I call it a program???) the uses the mult-row function to group on field 1 then compare the dates, if field 2 matches btn row 1 and row 2, to see if the dates are over 400 days apart and when they are, i'm saving off the second row.  How do I save off row2 and row1, if the dates are 400 days apart?  

thanks

becki kain

6 REPLIES 6
DanS
9 - Comet

Hey Becki, 

Could you post a sample of your workflow so far to get a better view of what you're doing? 

Thanks!

Dan

becki
8 - Asteroid

if you look at the workflow, there the select "over_400" = "Y", I save the row.  how do I save the row above that as well?

DanS
9 - Comet

I opened your workflow and didn't see any Multi-Row tools pulling in or any formulas. 

If you could post your beginning input example and desired output example, maybe we could get a solution out of that?

Thanks!

Dan

becki
8 - Asteroid

huh?  did I post the wrong workflow?

let me try again.  I have a file with a bunch of PO's and dates.  Using the Multi row formula, grouping on PO, if the Row+1:date is 400 days off the current row (if the PO's match), write out the row+1 line.  I want it to write out the current row and the row+1, if the dates are 400 days off.  thanks

DanS
9 - Comet

Hey Becki, 

Could you try plugging in the attached example? This might be able to do what you need. 

Thanks,

Dan

becki
8 - Asteroid

perfect!  thanks!

Labels