Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

multi-row function, saving row and row above

becki
Asteroid

first off, again coming the ACL world, the multi row function is the coolest!  

i have a workflow (can I call it a program???) the uses the mult-row function to group on field 1 then compare the dates, if field 2 matches btn row 1 and row 2, to see if the dates are over 400 days apart and when they are, i'm saving off the second row.  How do I save off row2 and row1, if the dates are 400 days apart?  

thanks

becki kain

6 ANTWORTEN 6
DanS
Comet

Hey Becki, 

Could you post a sample of your workflow so far to get a better view of what you're doing? 

Thanks!

Dan

becki
Asteroid

if you look at the workflow, there the select "over_400" = "Y", I save the row.  how do I save the row above that as well?

DanS
Comet

I opened your workflow and didn't see any Multi-Row tools pulling in or any formulas. 

If you could post your beginning input example and desired output example, maybe we could get a solution out of that?

Thanks!

Dan

becki
Asteroid

huh?  did I post the wrong workflow?

let me try again.  I have a file with a bunch of PO's and dates.  Using the Multi row formula, grouping on PO, if the Row+1:date is 400 days off the current row (if the PO's match), write out the row+1 line.  I want it to write out the current row and the row+1, if the dates are 400 days off.  thanks

DanS
Comet

Hey Becki, 

Could you try plugging in the attached example? This might be able to do what you need. 

Thanks,

Dan

becki
Asteroid

perfect!  thanks!

Beschriftungen