Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trim Right with Wildcard

ddye
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have a field with multiple '.' in the string.  I am trying to remove the last instance of this, but the last word in the string varies in lenght.  It there a way to trimright([field], '.*') so it alwasy just removes the last '.abcdf'?

ex. 

pages.0.questions.2.answers.choices.0.text   to    pages.0.questions.2.answers.choices.0

pages.0.questions.2.answers.choices.0.id      to    pages.0.questions.2.answers.choices.0

Thanks a lot.  

11 REPLIES 11
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@KAFord,

Here's a copy of the workflow with the simple data you sent.

If you have issues with this one, you might want to reach out to Customer Support at support@alteryx.com.

KAFord
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, Rod. I did use that exact syntax. The only thing I can think of is that it doesn't like the number of records nor does it like the fact that some are going to be null. The courses I am referring to are courses that have multiple courses (cross listed) while others will just have one course. Perhaps I will try a filter to filter out just those that are cross-listed to reduce the number of records that it needs to parse. If that doesn't work, I will reach out to support. Thank you so much for your guidance. 

Labels