Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trim Right with Wildcard

ddye
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have a field with multiple '.' in the string.  I am trying to remove the last instance of this, but the last word in the string varies in lenght.  It there a way to trimright([field], '.*') so it alwasy just removes the last '.abcdf'?

ex. 

pages.0.questions.2.answers.choices.0.text   to    pages.0.questions.2.answers.choices.0

pages.0.questions.2.answers.choices.0.id      to    pages.0.questions.2.answers.choices.0

Thanks a lot.  

11 REPLIES 11
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@KAFord,

Here's a copy of the workflow with the simple data you sent.

If you have issues with this one, you might want to reach out to Customer Support at support@alteryx.com.

KAFord
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, Rod. I did use that exact syntax. The only thing I can think of is that it doesn't like the number of records nor does it like the fact that some are going to be null. The courses I am referring to are courses that have multiple courses (cross listed) while others will just have one course. Perhaps I will try a filter to filter out just those that are cross-listed to reduce the number of records that it needs to parse. If that doesn't work, I will reach out to support. Thank you so much for your guidance. 

Labels