Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loop load using Xtract Universal

bobbaa
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I am trying to load data using Xtract Universal, I need to iterate changing the Year parameter, using Action tool I can change this value, this works fine; Now, I need to create a Macro, to increment the value for the year parameter, so, for example, first run the query for 2017 then 2018.

I tried to use, Macro Input, Control Parameter or using two macros in my final workflow, one for iterate the year and other to execute the Xtract Universal Query; I suppose I miss something..

I appreciate your help,

Thanks!

Agustín.

img1.png

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @bobbaa,

Attached is an example that I believe should illustrate how you need to set up your process. You do need to create a batch macro which uses the Control Parameter interface tool.

This package contains a regular workflow (yxmd) and a macro (yxmc). The macro resembles the screenshot you attached. This macro is used in the workflow which feeds in a list of values/years in which the Control Parameter will batch/iterate the macro for each value you supplied it until the last.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

bobbaa
5 - Atom

HI Jimmy, 

It's working!, good example!

Thanks!!

Agustín. 

@jrgo
Labels