Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bringing field header into output

JGalle0121
6 - Meteoroid

Please see attached Alteryx workflow output thus far.  What I am trying to do is assemble a list of necessary projects to track - that would be the combined column header + deliverable type for any line where the total hours exceeds 0.

Example output for the column with the header Project_1:

Project_1_Deliverable Type_1

Project_1_Deliverable Type_3

Project_1_Deliverable Type_6

I have multiple projects in columns with hours by deliverable type across in rows.  I'd like the end result to be a single list that shows the concatenated Project & Deliverable Name combined for any project with hours >0.

I was originally going down the path of individual formulas for each column, but there has to be a better way.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @JGalle0121

Transpose tool is your friend here :)

Project.PNG@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

JGalle0121
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you both!  I confess I'm so used to my data being in columns that I hardly use Transpose - now I'm thinking, duh.  Sometimes you just need another pair of eyes.  Gave you both stars, have a great day!

Labels