Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Community Gallery

Create, download, and share user-built tools and workflows.
Looking for Alteryx built Add-Ons?

Easily shop verified, supported, and secure Partner and Alteryx built Add-Ons on Marketplace.

LEARN MORE
コメント
dheissner
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Does this installer generate a log file if there are errors installing?

Installing this on a 22.3 Server and the installer never returns with the "Installation Successful" message. 

The Server API Tool does show up with it's icon in the Developer tools section of Designer, but when you drag in onto a workflow you get the blue circle icon and message that the Server API Tool.yxmc can't be found.   

JarrodT
Alteryx
Alteryx

@dheissner, did you install the yxi for "all users" or "my account"?

"All Users" will save the tool to ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools and

"my account" will save the tool to AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools

Right-click on the icon and check the path it's using when attempting to open the macro - that will be the nested folder name in the corresponding Tools directory above

Did you restart Designer after installing it? (restart is necessary if it's the first time you are installing that particular yxi's "version")

dheissner
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JarrodT we tried installing both ways (all users and my account). The yxmc file is out in both locations (ProgramData.. and  AppData...) under ServerAPI_1_2\Supporting_Macros.

It's odd that we never get the message box that the install completed?  We can restart Designer as we may not have...

Razb
メテオール

@StevenWhite 

Is that version specific to your environment or you able to share it? 

Thanks,

Raz.

StevenWhite
メテオロイド

@Razb This is a supported tool, so I would refer you to Alteryx support to get a version that works for your environment.

alevin
メテオロイド

@aehrenwo I am new to Alteryx Server management, specifically the Server API tool. I am getting all 3 of the same errors you did last year (see below). How did you resolve each one?

Error: Server API (1): HTTPSConnectionPool(host='myserver.mycompany.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: //oauth2/token (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)')))

Error: Server API (1): Tool #684: The test "Error retrieving authorization token" failed: ExpectedNumRecords==0, NumRecords(#1)==1

Error: Server API (1): This machine is missing the following package: pip_system_certs

JarrodT
Alteryx
Alteryx

@alevin , You might want to try the Server API Tool version currently posted in Marketplace. It removed the pip_system_certs package requirement. If that new version doesn't solve the first error, then it may be an issue with the cert itself. In that case, refer to the links below on how to add certs manually:

Go through Step 6 here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Connection-Errors-with-Python-based... 

Then add the certificate to the MMC:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/adapters-and-accelerators/accelerator-swift/adding-certifi...