Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
FlorianH
7 - Meteor

Hi :)

I successfully installed the Google Drive Tool in my Alteryx, but when I want to connect to a Google Drive via "Sign in Using Web Browser" or "Get Files from URL" this error message appears in the browser:

FlorianH_0-1644256339035.png

It says: Google did not verify this app. The app wants to access confidental data in your Google-account. Only use this app when the developer has verified it with Google.

What can I do to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@FlorianH 
Continue on anyway...the underlined word at the bottom left will allow you to proceed.

maxwarburgh
5 - Atom

Does this support reading and writing from team drives? 

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@lepome having a non-Google verified app available on gallery is probably not the best user experience. Also from a corporate customer perspective it would be a big red flag for users, so saying "continue on anyway..." isn't best approach from an information security perspective.

cgoodman3_0-1647425061924.png

Hayden_McHan
7 - Meteor

Does anyone know how to input a CSV file that does not have delimiters? I have a file that is generated as CSV but everything is in its own cell. I can't upload the file but it looks like a normal excel just as a CSV. Whenever I input the CSV I get 0 records.

Kunture90
5 - Atom

I have the same issue. Does anyone knows how to resolve it? I tried to allow to less secured apps connect to gdrive, but still have this issue

3.PNG

Hayden_McHan
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow where I need to output 7 tabs to a singular excel file using the drive output tool. The File and Tab are both fields within the data however I cannot get the tool to output all of the tabs to 1 file. It does FileName, FileName (1), FileName (2), etc. I tried unioning the data into 1 set and letting the tool split it into the tabs, which worked for getting the 7 tabs in 1 file but then each tab has a bunch of blank columns bc each tab is different.

Anyone know how to output 7 tabs to a single file in a better way? I would post the workflow but creds for drive wouldn't save and the input is a DWH query. Thanks in advance!

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Hayden_McHan 

I don't know how the Google Drive thing would affect it, but when you create the fileName/tabs info you can create the item as Path\Filename|||Sheetx, so you can define where everything goes with a standard Output Data tool.  Perhaps you could put that into a batch macro and then create an output of that macro that in turn uploads the whole thing to Google Drive?  (Strictly a conceptual suggestion.  I haven't tested.)

markspivey
6 - Meteoroid

Can someone from Alteryx confirm whether this connector is configured to handle access to Shared Drives (https://developers.google.com/drive/api/guides/enable-shareddrives)?

Per the documentation, the API call should be sending these query parameters as true:

• includeItemsFromAllDrives — Whether shared drive items should be included in results. If not present or set to false, then shared drive items are not returned.

• supportsAllDrives — Whether the requesting application supports both My Drives and shared drives. If false, then shared drive items are not included in the response.

Currently, we cannot see any shared drive files, although we believe the permission structure should allow us to do so, therefore our question is regarding the implementation of the connector from Alteryx.

JoshML
Alteryx
Alteryx

@markspiveyThe current version (1.0.1) doesn't support connectivity to Shared/Team Drives. This functionality is currently slated to be included within the upcoming version of the tool. You can subscribe to this article/page to automatically be notified when a new version is published.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

A new Beta version of Google Drive 1.1.0 tools is now available. The main changes are DCM support and Shared Drives support. 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hayden_McHan , that is possible by setting the Sheet name By Field, where you select the field that contains the desired Sheet name. In the same way you can also create multiple xlsx files at once. 

MB25
7 - Meteor

great connector! Is there a way to use a refresh token in order to use this connector on a server?

Logan_Coffey
6 - Meteoroid

Is there any way to have it maintain the file formatting in the output? Even outputting to a different tab, erases the format in the other tabs. 

InsperaBI
5 - Atom

Same issue as Logan_C - Overwriting a single sheet erases all formatting and formulas on all other sheets in the same file. 

ak2018
8 - Asteroid

I used the version 1.1.1 and am able to see Shared Drives including Team drives. However, the challenge is that the tool seems glitchy in that it take a long while at times to refresh. I have to kill the Desktop from Task Manager and then save the recovered workflow. 

Additionally, sometimes while trying to drill down subfolders, the tool just reverts back to the root folders/Shared drives. It is very frustrating and annoying. 

Cannot use a functional ID to connect. You can either use your own login or a Client ID/Secret to connect. Haven't yet tested on the server, so cannot comment on that, the reason being that the server instance of the workflow uses a different userID that may or may not have access to the same shared/team drives as the individual running on the desktop. Need a "connect as" option or DCM to run on the server.

kc20
5 - Atom

hello all,

I'm getting following error when using Google Drive Input or Output Tool:

Google Drive Input Internal error: Failed to read port assignment

kc20_0-1677609390410.png

phackely
5 - Atom

Hi, I created a workflow that uploads 4 out of 5 data sets successfully but 1 data set continually stalls out.

Problem:
The GDrive Tool stalls out (~ 1-2+ hrs), but does not error out, when attempting to output my workflow's largest data set, containing a little over 100k lines.

Question:
1. Is there a row/cell limit to the data sets that can be uploaded using GDrive Tool?
2. Any recommendations using GDrive to upload 100k+ lines?

Linking to previously posted: community topic

Alan_Yang
5 - Atom

Is there a way to extract the comments and the data associated with the comments from google drive (ex comment in a cell from a google sheet, time stamps, responses ect) 

maxime-obius
5 - Atom

Hi

I also have the Google Drive Input Internal error: Failed to read port assignment error message.
How can we resolve?

markspivey
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for finally updating the Connector to resolve some of the bugs with the Shared Drive functionality.

It seems like if GSHEET is selected as a File Format for a Google Sheets file, there is a 'broken' dropdown whereby no field is available to specify sheet(s) names. But if we compare it to the XLSX format, there is a text input box to define Sheets Selection.

https://streamable.com/pfva3l 

alteryx excel.png

rafaelloucao
5 - Atom

The current version keeps losing data on Wildcard match when reading from files.

Also, everytime i click in input data, it loses all the information.

If i update something in a google drive folder, the input does not recognize this new file.

huonggiang295
5 - Atom

Hi will this tool allow schedule refresh on Gallery ?

AISHS
5 - Atom

Hi

I was working on workflow where output needs to be saved in Google drive, which is working as expected in Alteryx desktop but the same Workflow is throwing below error in server as "Failed to authenticate". Any help on this is truly Appreciated. 

Screenshot 2024-02-20 153928.png