Bengaluru, IN

Welcome to the Bengaluru User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Seeking Help from the Community to Learn Regex - Request for Resources

SachinG
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am relatively new to Alteryx and I'm eager to dive deeper into the world of regular expressions (regex) to enhance my data processing and transformation skills. Since this community is filled with experienced Alteryx users, I thought it would be a great idea to seek your guidance and recommendations for learning regex effectively.

I'm reaching out today to kindly request your assistance in finding valuable resources, tutorials, or tips that can help me become proficient in regex within the context of Alteryx.

Specifically, I'm interested in:

1. Alteryx-specific regex examples and best practices.
  2. Online courses or tutorials that cover regex in Alteryx.
  3. Recommended books, blogs, or websites that offer in-depth regex insights.
  4. Any personal advice or experiences you'd like to share regarding regex in Alteryx.

Your expertise and insights will be immensely valuable in my journey to harness the power of regex within Alteryx. Your recommendations can help not only me but also others who may be in a similar learning phase.

Please feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message with any resources or insights you'd like to share. I am genuinely grateful for any assistance you can provide, and I look forward to learning from this wonderful community.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

2 REPLIES 2
p-g
8 - Asteroid

Sure, here are some resources related to Alteryx and Regex:

YouTube Videos:

1. RegEx Tool In AlterYX | AlterYX Regular Expressions | RegEx Tutorial: This video is a tutorial on how to use the regex tool in Alteryx1.
  2. Alteryx RegEx Beginner Tutorial: This video is a beginner tutorial on how to use regular expressions (regex) in Alteryx2.
  3. Alteryx Tutorial for Beginners 15 - Struggling with Regex and Text-to-Columns Tool: This video is a tutorial on how to use the regex tool and the text to columns tool in Alteryx3.

Blogs and Websites:

1. 15 Best Alteryx Blogs: Here are 15 Best Alteryx Blogs you should follow in 20234.
  2. RegEx Tool | Alteryx Help: For more resources on how to write regular expressions, visit this page5.
  3. Blogs - Alteryx Community: This is the community blog of Alteryx6.

Alteryx Weekly Challenges related to Regex that you can practice:

1. Weekly Challenge - Alteryx Community: This is the main page for the weekly challenges on the Alteryx Community1. You can find a variety of challenges here, including those related to Regex1.

2. Solved: Regex Challenge - Alteryx Community: This is a solved Regex challenge on the Alteryx Community2. It provides a good example of how to use Regex in Alteryx2.

3. Weekly Challenges for training - Alteryx Community: This post lists all challenges where either a macro and/or regex was used in the solution3.

4. Alteryx Weekly Challenge #54: RegEx - The Data School: This is a blog post about the 54th weekly challenge on The Data School, which focuses on Regex4.

5. Alteryx Weekly Challenge #54 (RegEx) - The Data School: This is another blog post about the 54th weekly challenge on The Data School, providing a differen...5.

Virtual Training:

The Information Lab Events | Eventbrite conducts Free Virtual Hands-On Training on various features in Alteryx and Tableau including Regex periodically. You can follow them and you will be notified of any upcoming events.

Thursday Trainings at Three/Ten: Tableau Prep Bonus Week Tickets, Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 3:00 PM | Even...

Remember, practice is key when learning Regex. Happy learning! 😊