Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
MatthewM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In the emerging world of Big Data, knowing where your analytics live can really make a difference when it comes to running your business and knowing your customers.  I am not talking about locating the analytics within your organization; I am talking about the geo-location of your analytics.  Where are your customers?  Where do they live?  What are the demographics and characteristics of a specific geographic location?  All of these components can be critical in key decisions: such as where do I put my next retail store, what products should I stock my shelves with, and who are the right people to send offers to.

You see this more and more in organizations today trying to get a better understanding of their business, and in particular their customers.  For example, according to Forbes, Disney is going to be tracking their customers throughout their park to better understand their purchasing and personalize entertainment for them- refining their offerings and customizing their marketing messages.

The explosion of mobile devices and the fact they are becoming a part of everyday, also changes the way organizations look at capturing and making data available to the masses.  In fact, Forrester Research expects that, as BI goes mobile, certain robust mobile features will become the norm: multiple visual query methods, leverage of GPS signals for geo-location and geospatial analytics, animated displays, sensor-based queries, and integration with other enterprise mobile ERP applications.

Alteryx has been working with geospatial and location analysis for years, especially in the areas of site selection, geocoding and defining trade areas and much more.  We understand how valuable geospatial data can be to organizations, and others are starting to realize it as well.  This is evident in the recent acquisition of Maporama by Tibco, which looks to improve the geospatial and location intelligence of Tibco Spotfire.  This shows that vendors are finally beginning to realize something that Alteryx has recognized all along: you can’t bring value to your customers or potential customers if you don’t know where to find them?

To find out how Alteryx views spatial analytics check out this video:

Matthew Madden

Sr. Product Marketing Manager.

Matthew Madden
Director, Product Marketing

Matt Madden is a Director, Product Marketing at Alteryx. Matt has over 16 years of experience in the analytics and enterprise software industry. During his career he has held roles in sales and marketing, both with the same goal, to help organizations realize the power and benefits that analytics can have on their business.

Matt Madden is a Director, Product Marketing at Alteryx. Matt has over 16 years of experience in the analytics and enterprise software industry. During his career he has held roles in sales and marketing, both with the same goal, to help organizations realize the power and benefits that analytics can have on their business.