Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

disable validation for WF for Server uploads - permanently

Crossair
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I found a solution disabling the validation while uploading in the save/workflow options/validate workflow then save/ by uncheckinh this box. This works fine but I need to unceck it every time I save the WF.

Is the a way to have this box unchecked by default? I couldn't find it in User or System settings.

Any help/hint would be great!

Thanks & Regards,

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Crossair ,

Not possible. Do you mind explaining your use case? I`m curious to know the reason behind it.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Crossair
7 - Meteor

Happy to do so if it helps the Alteryx is considering to provide such feature :-)

I'm using the dynamic input tool for SQL requests.

I'm using the "Replace a Specific String" to replace elements in the SQL statement dynamically depeding on results of prevoius tools, user input etc.

So the statement looks like select * from Schema_Name_xx where invoice_number = 'invoice_number_xx'

Since Schema_Name_xx is no valid Schema in the Database, the statement (= Validation) won't work. Only if I replace Schema_Name_xx by e.g. Invoice_Data_Current it will work, same with the invoice number, invoice_number_xx is replaced by e.g. 4711.

Therefore, validation makes no sense, will never work, only if the WF is running, it would be great to disable it in the users settings or wherever, changing a config file would also be great :-)

Best Regards,

Thomas

Crossair
7 - Meteor

oh, and forgott: these validations which are not working are taking quite a while and disabling helps:

1. speed up the upload process, sometime I get a timeout

2. not to create workflow result errors because of the validation error which is in fact no error but fills the workflow result screen and makes it harder to identify those from the real workflow result errors...

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Crossair 
I would suggest that this is something you could create as an idea over on the Server Ideas section - as @fmvizcaino states I don't believe this is possible at the moment.

It looks like there used to be a setting of 'quality check' in the System settings https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Questions-about-Validation-when-Saving-t... However I don't believe this setting still exists. It may be possible to find this within the runtime settings file of the Server, however, I would not recommend changing the content of this file without consulting support@alteryx.com first.

Hope this helps,

Owen

Bulien