Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

There was an unknown error when executing application

CortlynHatch
5 - Atom

I've created a workflow in Designer that uses a Directory tool to read data from about 40 csv files on SharePoint and then import the data into an Oracle database (total of about 4 million rows). When I run this workflow from designer it runs perfectly (taking about 10 minutes), when I schedule this workflow on my companies gallery sometimes it works (takes 1.5 hours) and most of the time it returns the error "There was an unknown error executing application". I have tried deleting it from the gallery and re-saving it, also tried various different schedule times, and I still get this error. Any ideas?

These are the tools in the workflow:

- Directory

- Select

- Formula

- Text to Columns

- Dynamic Input

- Select

- Data Stream In

- Write Data In-DB

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
PeterP
8 - Asteroid

Hi @CortlynHatch ,

Have you read this discussion? It sounds like there may be a network issue at the time you are scheduling it, and the fact that you get different runtimes when scheduling seems to point to this as well. Is the server you are leveraging dedicated to running Alteryx workflows or does it have other applications it is running as well?

Please have a look:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/There-was-an-unknown-error-executing-the...

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora