Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Temporary PDF Render not Produced in Gallery

sbaker
8 - Asteroid

I've recently installed Alteryx Server and am testing an App.  When using Temporary PDF Document as the Render Output Mode I receive "This workflow produced no output" in the Gallery. However a PDF is created when I specify a PDF output file & path.  What could be preventing the Temporary PDF from being output?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sbaker

This was a change made in Alteryx 10.1 because Usage of %temp%, or writing to any location that is considered “temporary” (ex. temporary report output files) when building workflows for execution in a server/gallery is not a recommended practice, and will indeed fail and cause odd behavior.

As a result you will have to choose a location to output the PDF. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello @JordanB-

Thank You for the reply.

I am experiencing a similar situation . I get what you explained however i would like to deploy the App for the end user so that they can run it "At-Will" and download the specific data. Is there a way to achieve the same through gallery? Thank You. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
In the render tool, you would have to select the last option about writing to a specific location. Then you could provide just a filename (file.pdf for example) or write to the workflow directory using a reference shortcut (%engine.workflowdirectory%file.pdf). Both of these would write to the workflow directory, which would allow the end user to download the file from the gallery.
JVinson
5 - Atom

Hey Patrick,

That solution worked for me except that I no longer see my tab names in the excel document. Any thoughts?