Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

SharePoint tool not working on Gallery. "Failed to authenticate"

CCarroll-
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to run a workflow on the gallery which appends to a file sitting on SharePoint for business folder. I am able to do so locally by using the "sign in with browser option", I get prompted to put in my 2FA code from the Microsoft authenticator app (see below)

CCarroll_0-1650369746362.png

However when I go to run on the gallery there is no prompt to authenticate and I get the following error

CCarroll_1-1650370250082.png

I have not been able to get it working locally with the last two options and I would rather not have to get a client/tenant ID set up from my IT department. Has anyone found a workaround/fix for this?

Many thanks in advance!

Conor

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @CCarroll- ,

I have not found a knowledge base article with the tutorial to correct this one, but here are the steps:

You need to do these steps both on the designer and server machine.

Instructions from Alteryx Support:

The SharePoint Files connector is a Python-based connector, so it will require the following registry key to exist in both the end users machine as well as each worker node on the server.   

• Type regedit in Windows Start Menu 
  • Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
  • Right click and select New > String Value 

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption 
Value Data: true 

Once this key has been added, the user would need to reauthenticate the Salesforce tool on his workflow in Designer and republish the workflow to gallery.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

CCarroll-
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your reply Fernando, I will get in contact with the server admin and give this a go.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would suggest you trying on your own machine first, and later ask the admin to do on the server.

ben_hopkins
8 - Asteroid

Should the SharePoint connection work if an Alteryx Gallery application were running a number of workflows that sit on the Server machine (not saved in Gallery) through the Alteryx Runner macro and are themselves connected to SharePoint?