Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Scheduling workflows with containers and interface tools

Tienemientje
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have build a workflow where I start from "production" data.  I have the same workflow, but there I start from "test" data.  So all the manipulations/filters/.... are the same.  Just the input and output have a different name.

I have put my input+output from production in 1 container and the test input and output in another container.  With a radio button I can choose which data I want to run on the server.

Is there a way to schedule this workflow?  That at 8 am the production data is used and at 10 am the test data goes through the flow on a daily base.

Or any other ideas?  I do not want to have 2 separate workflows, if I update a tool in 1 I need to do exactly the same in the other.  Writing this, a macro might be a possibility, no?  But I'm not that experienced with them, for sure not on the server.  So other suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards, Tienemientje

1 REPLY 1
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Tienemientje 

You may be able to leverage a DateTimeStart() function to check what time the workflow starts at, and based on that drive the 8am vs 10am logic.