Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Open multiple excel files as input in Alteryx Server

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to load multiple excel files as inputs in Alteryx Server, knowing the fact that directory tool+dynamic inputs might not work. Is there any other way to it like similar to using wildcards in desktop application?

If there is a solution, can someone please guide on this how to build it?

Thanks,

db89

4 REPLIES 4
cpet13
9 - Comet

@db89  if all of the excel files are named similarly (just a different ending) and are in the same location, you can use a simple input data tool with a * wildcard. When you setup the connection, just replace the end of the string. Example:
Folder\File_Name_*

db89
8 - Asteroid

@cpet13 thanks for your response. so do you mean that in server it would allow me to put the wild card to load all files from that folder?

cpet13
9 - Comet

@db89 if the server has access to that folder, it should do that, if you put the wildcard in the workflow's input data connection.

db89
8 - Asteroid

@cpet13 yes server has access to the folder, I can use the wildcard but strangely it does not allow me to edit the input filed in the server to use the wildcard.