Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Loading multiple .xml files into Gallery

BVu
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I need to deploy an app to gallery so that users can run the app without the need for Alteryx Desktop.

The logic of the Desktop app includes looping multiple .xml files in a folder path, then combine them using a macro stored within. The xml files supposedly have same schema. I understand that Gallery only allows loading a sheet / a file and not a folder path.

Any suggestions on how to build the app for gallery so that the users (without license) can run it and still achieve the above?

Due to my firm policies i am not allowed to upload any data or workflow for your reference. If anyone can have a sample solutions, I would try it out.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@BVu 

You could create an app that the user updates a Directory tool to where the files are located using a text Input tool. The data would then be pushed to a Dynamic Input tool which would then subsequently bring in the files you are looking for.

You could also do something similar with a chained app. User updated Directory tool, then received a list of files in the second app for them to choose to then work through your process.

Your Server will need to have access to where ever these files will be stored.