Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

License portal - how to add users?

PeteZeel
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I see the options to delete and edit users in our license portal, but no option to add.

https://us1.alteryxcloud.com/license-portal/

I have the license administrator role and am specifically trying to add a non-designer user (so they have no licenses assigned to them currently) as our IT group would like to administer the users.  They are a gallery user.  

The documentation doesn't seem to address adding users.

3 REPLIES 3
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@PeteZeel

Have  one  of them install Designer and register it.   Then they should be able to get  into the license portal.  Once they're  in they can uninstall Designer.   They should be able to get  back in afterwards, but they will need be set as an admin, so they can   administer the users.

Best,
David

PeteZeel
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @David-Carnes I had a feeling that was the case.

So there really is no way to add someone to the license portal to admin it without associating their email with a product license key. 

esoden
8 - Asteroid

Workflow Admin Manager (WAM), available from Alteryx, allows advanced license and user management from a single portal. Add users, activate/deactivate, set permissions/roles, etc. 

It uses all of the Alteryx APIs and Mongo to give administrators a one-stop shop.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!