Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Large Old TMP files in Staging

PTaff11
5 - Atom

Hi All

New (ish) to Alteryx

Have noticed that we are consuming a lot of disk space within Staging folder - I have a 92GB folder containing tmp files from July 2017

Today MongoDb crashed while overnight workflows were running

After fixing I have noticed that the staging folder that was being used before the crash is no longer being written to (42GB) Instead some new folders have been created also @40+GB

Are the older ones now orphans and not required

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

What I do for my individual/local machine is set custom rules for cleaning up folders with a program like CCleaner. You can include specific folder where you know temporary files are saved and set rules like "only clean up files that are more than X days old". Obviously this doesn't scale to an enterprise-level solution, but can help keep an individual workstation running efficiently.

PTaff11
5 - Atom

Thanks Charlie

So am I correct in assuming that the temp files are not required after the workflow refreshes are finished?

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It is my understanding that temporary files are no longer needed after the Alteryx Engine process that created them is no longer running and (if running from Alteryx Designer) the Designer window is closed. 

PTaff11
5 - Atom

Thanks I'll do a little testing of this by removing a folder and see what happens