Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

In-database : invalid length for connection option 'user id', maximum length is 30

nrazafindrabe
5 - Atom

Hello,

I need to log on to my Oracle database, using the Alteryx In-Database, using a proxy user.

**When using a proxy user (Oracle), the right syntax looks like: proxy_user[owner_user].

The problem is that Alteryx does not allow to type more than 30 characters in the username. The length of my the proxy_user[owner_user] is more than 30 characters.

proxy.pngerror 30characters.png

When I connect with the same parameters with other tool such as SQL Developer it works fine.

Any idea how could I connect properly with my parameters in Alteryx? Is there another option?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
TessaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @nrazafindrabe 

Sorry to hear the character limit is causing a problem!

I don't believe it's possible to alter that character limit, however, I think you could create a connection string and use that instead.You would need to paste the connection string directly in to the 'Connect a File or Database' field:

TessaS_0-1604099077336.png

Your connection string would need to be formatted like this:

oci:UserName/password@YourOracleHostName:1521/servicename

ex) 
oci:TessaS/Mypassword!@myoracledatabase:1521/myoracleservice

Please note that the punctuation and special characters haven't been changed, i.e. the '/', ':', and '@' remain in the same place. You should format yours in the same way.

Once you've configured the connection string, paste it into the field, and try to connect.
Tessa Smithers

Sr. Technical Account Manager
Alteryx, Inc.