Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Improving / Increasing Render Area Of Map Pane In Gallery

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Hey everybody - 

I did some *sweet* gallerized apps to keep the communications folks from bugging me every four days to generate requests for [people who live in some weirdly shaped geographic boundary].  So far, it's worked great, because they can do what they need to do and I don't have to pick up the phone.  BUT.  Today they called me and were like, 'hey, the map is difficult to manipulate as a function of it's super small vertical sizing'  Not only is my phone ringing, which makes me sad, in this instance they are totally right!  It is totally awkward to do anything but primitive map zooming and panning on Gallery.  

I tried giving the map it's own tab in interface designer, but it didn't really help, and kind of actually made the interface operate uglier when you 'switched' tabs.  I cannot find anywhere that I can modify this size, but it is impossible that I've got the first group of users that have had this complaint.  Is this a 'ideas for alteryx' question, or does a guru out there have a hack for me? 

Thanks!

brian

2 REPLIES 2
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

You will need to edit the CSS that controls how the map interface is shown.  Go into ~/Program Files/Alteryx/bin/RuntimeData/gallery/production/production.css in your server and edit the height attribute.

li.control.map>.map {
 position:relative;
 height:415px;
 width:100%
}

EDIT: It looks like the CSS is being overwritten by a setting in the HTML.

Capture.PNG

This is in the HTML for the tool itself which I am unable to find a server location for. I'm guessing it's stored in the MongoDB.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@StephenR

Actually, your solution works.  You'll need to Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page  and force the browser to reload all assets rather than hitting the local cache.    Or look at it in a different browser.

(I came up with this AFTER looking at MongoDB and then trying to figure out if  \JSMap\js\procuction.js or \JSMap\css\production.css had  anything to do with it.   I finally remembered that editing supporting files quite often requires a hard refresh  in the browser.)

Best,

David