Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Identifying which user experienced an error

bw4895
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that is being run by multiple stakeholders. We have configured an event email to let us know when the workflow errors. Is there a way to identify which user experienced the error? We have used the variable "%User%" in the body of the Event but this returns "SYSTEM".

If this is not possible with Events, is there any other functionality within Alteryx we can use to achieve this? The Email tool was my first thought, but we'd want it to run after all errors, which I'm not sure how to do with the Email tool. 

1 REPLY 1
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The Events %User% variable will show the account that is running the workflow. This will only work the way you expect if the user inserts their own credential when running the workflow. If you don't want to do this, you can use a series of Server API calls to know who triggered that particular job. This information is also available on the MongoDB. https://help.alteryx.com/developer-help/server-api-overview