Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Finding % Commonality

jfoley020
5 - Atom

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to find % commonality between cells within the same column. 

For example: Take the list below, I want to find what % do each of the services share:

Tree Service received 4 requests (A,B,C,D) and it has a 50% commonality with House (both serviced Request A, B), 75% commonality with Lawn (A, C,D) and a 50% commonality with Carpet (B,D). 

Then I want to filter these commonalities to answer this question: Which service worked on 75% of the same requests as the Tree service- the answer being "Lawn"

jfoley020_0-1667512182135.png

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @jfoley020, I've put something together to prove the concept here - think it seems to be along the lines of what you're after. The idea here is that we:

1) Isolate the [Service] of interest i.e. Tree here

2) Create concatenated lists of the [Request] for each of the other [Service]

3) Append these to Tree

4) Check if each Tree [Request] is contained within the concatenated list or not, assigning a 1 to the match count if so

5) For each Tree <> Other [Service] combination, sum up the match count and divide it by the number of requests for tree to get the percentage

DataNath_0-1667516058175.png

jfoley020
5 - Atom

It worked perfectly, thank you!