Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Error in Gallery when running 9 stage chained app

sanjdhar
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

Any insights what this error message means? I get this error:  INTERNAL ERROR in XProcessCache::Add: Cache Key too long

alteryx gallery pix.png

This came up when I was running a 9 stage chained Analytical App in the Gallery.

The chain is staged as follows:

A -> B -> C -> D -> E -> F -> G -> H -> I -> J

Error comes up in the last step of the chain (step J)

I have successfully run the chained up with this sequence:

B -> C -> D -> E -> F -> G -> H -> I -> J

Is there a limit on the number of chained apps?

4 REPLIES 4
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@sanjdhar 

With chained apps, all of your apps before the last app, must run within 30 seconds each. This is mechanism is in place to that if one of your apps get stuck that it doesn't just run and run and run. This may be your issue.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@sanjdhar 

If this indeed happens to be the case, you can increase the timeout value to something slightly higher - 45 or 60s maybe - as described here.

sanjdhar
7 - Meteor

This error came up even after the timeout feature was increased. 

I did find the cause for the issue, thanks to a Senior Customer Support Engineer @Alteryx. 

To quote him:

"There currently is a limit to the number of chained apps you can run in the Gallery. You've found the limit. This is a known issue. I will associate this case with the defect to help prioritize the fix. I don't have a timeline for a fix.

Essentially, the IDs of all of the previous jobs that ran in the chain up to that point are added to the Cache Key and the Cache Key size isn't large enough.

The workaround is to combine steps in the chain where possible."

I will close this case, and mark this as a solution.

Thanks

ShokatDM
5 - Atom

Is this issue resolved? What is the maximum limit to the number of chained apps.