Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Chained Apps on Gallery

JenniferO
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I have two chained apps.  They run great in Designer and display the output I would like the user to see.  I saved them both to the gallery.  When I click to run App1, it does run both of the apps, but it won't display the final output unless I run App2 separately.  My final output is a .yxdb file. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
GrahamL
8 - Asteroid

Hi there

How are you chaining the two workflows together? With a Crew Macro Runner tool or some other way? Also, does the history indicate the second workflow has run successfully? If yes then I would check the path you are outputting the yxdb file to. Is it a network path that may not exist on the server?

Cheers

G

JenniferO
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am chaining the apps using the Interface Designer Properties, to run App2 on success of App1.  

I was able to get this working just now.  

Have a great day!

Luca
8 - Asteroid

Browsing the community I have found this thread. Maybe it can be related to your issue. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Publishing-chained-apps/m-p/395329#M72...