Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Chained App - Show Results on Succes and Run Another Analytic App

MK97pro
7 - Meteor

Dear Community,

I am struggling with the problem with Alteryx Gallery.

I'm trying to do chain app with two workflows but I cannot show-up the intermediate results to the user.

I've chosen both: Run another Analytic App and Show Results.

MK97pro_0-1646392318965.png

Unfortunately my workflow is going straight forward from first workflow to the second without showing the intermediate results to the user.

I tried lot of ways to fix it but no one did not work (with yxdb files, render tool, browse tool, xlsx file and so on).

Thank you in advance for your help.

13 REPLIES 13
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MK97pro 

Why not build the chained workflow in a way that the report is rendered and shows in the 2nd app.

1st App creates the data for report and saves it as yxdb

2nd App takes the data and creates the report

Hope this helps : )

MK97pro
7 - Meteor

Hi,

unfortunately I want to give the user opportunity to choose from list box (in 2nd app) the records for filter tool BASED on the data which should be shown as a result of 1st app.

Hope it's clear now :)

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MK97pro 

Sorry, but the only other taught I have is to run them as unchained apps run 1st app get result see it, and then run 2nd app.

MK97pro
7 - Meteor

So it is not possible to show results on success and then run second app on success of the first one?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MK97pro 

Add a browse and configure it to show on successful run like below.

atcodedog05_0-1646394800150.png

When I run:

atcodedog05_1-1646394825754.png

MK97pro
7 - Meteor

Yes, thanks for the infor. My app its working exactly in the same way: In Alteryx Designer / Analytic App I am able to show the intermediate results but the problem still exists in Alteryx Gallery.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MK97pro 

Oh the gallery yes gallery doesn't show any pop-up windows guess you don't have any option other than to make it unchained apps.

MK97pro
7 - Meteor

But the main thing is when I am disconnecting the apps the preview works fine. But when I am trying to go trough on success first app forget to show the results and going strictly to 2nd one...

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

But the browse window function doesn't work on the gallery. This issue is similar to that since there is no pop up hence you dont get the option to download the file in between.