Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Can't see data connections for both Prod gallery and Sandbox (clone of prod) gallery

hornungr
7 - Meteor

We've recently created a Sandbox environment by taking a clone of production.  In a nutshell, we stood-up a bit-per-bit image of our prod server and re-registered it with our sandbox license.

This has allowed-us to quickly stand-up our test gallery (no driver installs, mongo imports, etc) while ensuring it's as production-like as possible.  The sandbox instance has worked great although we just ran into a strange issue.

When users add both prod & sandbox galleries to their Alteryx designer and then go into 'Manage Data Connections', they can only see connections listed for the sandbox gallery.  If they remove the sandbox gallery connection (file-->open workflow-->sandbox, then 'Remove Gallery'), they can then see the production ones just fine.

Another thing to note is if we create a brand new (but identical) connection on both prod and sandbox, we can see both connections just fine in the designer's Manage Network Connections screen.

My hunch is there's a unique identifier behind the connections that are identical in prod & sandbox (since we used a clone) that it's choking on.  Before diving into the mongo database, I was curious if anyone else had run into this & had a solution though?

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @hornungr ,

Not sure, but I think your hunch could be correct and maybe Alteryx support would be the one to answer that more properly.

Before diving into the mongoDB, go to your data connections page on both servers and check the IDs ath the end in the URL, those are the IDs being used by designer to translate the aliases.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino