Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Blob Output to Gallery

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Greetings All,

I'm building a workflow that outputs a PDF report. I've also built a tool that utilizes an API that converts PDF to PPT so that end users can edit/add/remove/modify text in the report should they need to. The problem I'm having is figuring out how to read in the converted PPT to Alteryx, then have it output in a way that an end user would be able to download from the Gallery. I thought perhaps Blob Output would do it, but I'm having issues getting that to work properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Paulteryx

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Paulteryx 

You are exactly right that the Blob Output is the way to go. You will want your download tool to pull the PDF down into a blob. Then you want to use a Blob Output to write it to a specific location. Then when you are saving it to the Server you will want to check the box next to the ppt asset so that an end user can download it.  I attached an example workflow so that you can test it out. 

BrandonB_0-1626839946174.png

BrandonB_2-1626840040467.png

BrandonB_1-1626839993676.png

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Thanks @BrandonB

I've iterated on your solution and made a slight end user improvement. By adding a formula tool just before the Blob Output I've created a "Location" field with just ".\" and in the Blob output tool I've just put x.pptx. Using Interface tools, the end user will be able to name their output whatever they want, and it will simply update the "x" and the output will not have a long string in the Gallery output box.

Paulteryx_0-1626962896133.png

Paulteryx_1-1626962941065.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Awesome work @Paulteryx! Glad its working well for you now.