Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Application could not be found

Mark_Lurie
8 - Asteroid

This just started happening.

Every time I select a workflow to run, manually, the response I get is "Application could not be found."

Workflows are running fine if they are scheduled.

Our Alteryx Server is on AWS.

This just started happening last night.

My colleague tried to run the same workflow manually and got the same problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Mark_Lurie
8 - Asteroid

Update:  I rebooted my server and when it came back up I tried to run the workflow again and this time it worked.

This is the first time I have seen this problem. Could it be network related or just something with the server?

KPOLU
8 - Asteroid

I have noticed similar issue in one of our servers. Server restart fixed the issue. There was an AWS volume encryption activity before this issue popped up. Not sure what is the root cause.

marcislaughter
5 - Atom

For me this problem was caused by the source file being too large. Once I deleted the unnecessary columns in the upload file, it worked well.

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @Mark_Lurie ,

we are also having intermittent problems (App not found/job not found) after our upgrade to 2022.1.1.? Have you found a solution or cause for this problem?

Regards, 
Ariharan Rengasamy

KPOLU
8 - Asteroid

@Ariharan Please check the permissions on Alteryx Application folders(Program files\Alteryx and ProgramData\Alteryx) and see if anything is amiss.

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @KPOLU , 

The permission still remains the as same before. Interestingly this happened intermittently. 

Regards,
Ariharan Rengasamy