Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx workflows migration from one environment to another

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting many requests daily to promote workflows to PROD and it’s not possible to open the Server and Open Alteryx designer each and every time. So I'm looking for a automated solution by which a workflow will be moved from UAT server to PROD Server without any manual work or some UI driven simple clicks.

Steps I performed-

1. I'm the curator and I've permissioms for API access.
2. As suggested by Alteryx support team, I've connected AlteryxGallery database using Robo3T from inside the Source server and ran queries to perform Reindexing.

db.getCollection('commandQueueItems').remove({})
db.getCollection('locks').remove({})
db.getCollection('luceneFs.locks').find({})

3. Created, published 2 sample workflows to Gallery and marked – ready to be migrated.

4. And then, downloaded and configured the  'Alteryx Gallery Workflow Migration' package in Alteryx designer of source server.

https://lnkd.in/dtgpMhjG

5. Received 88 warnings, In the Target Gallery, the workflows are missing. That means migration of the workflows didn’t worked.

Added screenshots. Those who have worked on it, please guide me with proper instructions on how to configure it and resolve the issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@EN6924 , there is a Workflow Migration workflow in the Enterprise Utilities starter kit on downloads.alteryx.com 

Screenshot 2023-09-05 132149.png

EN6924
10 - Fireball

How to configure and test it? Is there any documentation available?

lwolfie
10 - Fireball

I'm not sure if you solved this.  There is some documentation when you download it. I did find there were a couple of tools that were not configured properly.

I've been working on the same issue.  I've been able to use the enterprise utility to upload new workflows, however I haven't been able to migrate new versions of existing workflows.  When migrating to the Prod server, I can only get it to work with the owner being myself.  If you've solved this, do you mind sharing what you did?

Dom_Micic
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi, I've tried to configure the Workflow Migration tool but I'm not seeing all the metadata from the Server API tool being passed through... eg, I'm missing fields many of the ID-type fields like "workflow_ids", etc (based on what I am seeing in the Workflow Migration (Select Tool config).... 

Any suggestions around how you were able to get all the required metadata from the API tool?