Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx server best practices

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

I'm looking for collect community feedback to create a comprehensive Alteryx server best practice guide for managing the content on a server. The headings I am thinking to cover are:

• Managing users and groups
  • Sharing content
  • Automating processes
  • Workflow lifecycle
  • Monitoring your server

I would love to get some additional feedback to help develop this guide and ensure it has the as much value for as many people as possible. If you have any thoughts on how you manage any of these topics (or any I might have missed) I would love to know.

Thanks

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/server/high-availability-best-practices

High-Availability Best Practices
Version:
Last modified: December 06, 2022

This guide includes the high-availability best practices for Server admins.   

Alteryx Server provides a fully scalable architecture that allows an organization to automate data analytics, tackle bigger projects, process larger datasets, and put self-service data analytics into the hands of multiple decision makers. From scaling Worker nodes to Server nodes to the MongoDB persistence layer, Alteryx Server allows organizations to efficiently manage their automated and self-service data analytics needs. 

Organizations can scale their Workers in case the number of jobs needing to be executed increases and scale the Server in case the number of self-service Server users increases. To ensure the availability of your Alteryx Server environment and to protect your workflows and data from disaster, organizations can deploy a user-managed instance of the MongoDB and enable advanced features such as Replica Sets and Sharding. 

The focus of this document is to answer the following questions: 

• How to scale the Controller within an Alteryx Server environment? 
  • How to setup a redundant Controller within an Alteryx Server Environment?   
paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

Thanks @Hammad_Rashid the server hardware side is something I should reference but I'm wanting to focus this guide on the gallery and content best practices.

Do you have any thoughts to share for the gallery best practices?