Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server usage report: Tableau cannot open Tableau Data Extract created by Alteryx

jsoler
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I download the workflow that makes a report of the Alteryx server usage, the output of this workflow can be a PDF or a Tableau report. Choosing the Tableau option, I got two main files: tableau workbook and tableau data extract (tde).

I can open the tableau workbook using Tableau Desktop, but it is crashing because it is not able to open the datasource (which is the tde). Then I decide to open directly the tde, but it crashes againg. 

alteryx version: 2019.1

Tableau version: 2019.1

Then, does anybody suceed opening the Alteryx Server usage with Tableau? If so, what am I missing?

Thanks a lot,

1 REPLY 1
jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

Make sure you downloaded the version of the Alteryx Server Usage Report that matches your server. I made that mistake earlier today.

Maybe Tableau doesn't have the right permissions on the output folder ... try moving the file to another location?