We're excited to announce that we'll be partnering with Credly starting October 19th - see what this means and read the announcement blog here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server Error Monitoring

jmelik
7 - Meteor

I'm looking to create a custom workflow to monitor scheduled jobs on the server that cause and Error. This is outside of using the events email notifications. In the Alteryx Service MongoDB and I can't locate how workflow errors are captured in the database. The closest I can find, the AS_Queue collection has a Status column, but even if a workflow ends in an error, this column is stating, "Complete." 

Two questions:

1) Does anyone know how to identify workflow errors in MongoDB 

2) Would it make sense to propose having the Status column in AS_Queue say something other than "Complete," in the event of a failure.

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jmelik 

1) The workflow status data is stored in the Service data blob within the AS_Queue collection. We provide a pre-canned Server Usage Report workflow which you can download from https://downloads.alteryx.com under Alteryx Server. When you look at the embedded macro, this queries the AS_Queue collection to extract Job IDs and then uses these to parse the service data to get the workflow run status - AlteryxResultCode. 

CodeStatus
0Success
1Warning
2Error

result-code.png

2) I agree that it would make sense to have the status available directly in Mongo. It might be worth submitting it as a Product Idea via our suggestion board.

jmelik
7 - Meteor

This is perfect, thank you!

AijajShaikh2021
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Could you please upload workflow to test on Alteryx Server.