Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx 2019.3: Gallery yxdb Output Preview Mode Missing Columns

sian
5 - Atom

Hello -

We are using Alteryx server 2019.3 and I have an output from analytics app write to an yxdb file. While the app works fine on the designer , some of the columns are missing on the output preview mode when published and run on the gallery. 

PS : When downloaded as csv file all the data is available?

Is there any limit on number of output columns that can be previewed on gallery?

Thanks you! 

Preview looks like this with partial data. 

sian_0-1572454404210.png

1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @sian 

Yeah, when the workflow outputs a YXDB file in the workspace, the results that you see is just a preview. While it's not really emphasized in the best way, there is a message to alert you that what you see is just a sample. And yes, as you found out already, if you download, it does contain the complete results.

jrgo_0-1572467397455.png

I don't know what the limit is, but my guess is that it's 1mb, similar the browse everywhere option.

If you do want to show a more complete output, you can use the reporting tools to create and render your table into a .pcxml (composer) file. If I'm not mistaken, it does not show a sample of that. However, if the resulting table is large, it may simply fail to load all together.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions