Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Allow user to select method of polygon input in gallery?

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

I'm making a gallery workflow that includes a search area polygon. While it's nice to draw polygons on the map, it's also nice sometimes to have pre-defined polygons for things like defined city/county/state boundaries.

Is there a way I can do a dropdown of known polygon files OR a map interface?

4 REPLIES 4
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @StephenMack

Do you have a separate data source containing the other known polygons and their names?

If so you can use this to populate a separate drop down list.

You may need to configure your questions so that you have a set of Radio Buttons.

So the user can chose between:

• Map interface
  • Known Polygon
  • etc

Then within each Radio Button have the dropdown or interface tool to provide the option required.

Thanks

Joe

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

Oh interesting, I never considered chaining together the gallery inputs. You're saying I should do something like this?

alteryx radio button.PNG

I think that would solve the problem. And it looks like I can choose to collapse the section that isn't currently in use, so it won't be very confusing for others to use. Thanks!

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yep, that's exactly how I was trying to explain it.

The great thing with Radio buttons is that it means the user can only select one option, and as you have mentioned this then enables the other option(s) to auto collapse too.

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

Ok I think I'm 99% there but I'm getting a strange error, ever seen this before?

Once I attach the radio button onto the map input, it all of a sudden map input tool grays out the "Reference Layer" options and forces it to "File Browse Question".

alteryx radio button.PNGradio button error.PNG