Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Access is Denied on the Alteryx Server

pratikghodekar
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, we have configured Alteryx server on AWS instance. We have created a self-signed certificate which is installed on instance, and we have a Load Balancer (LB) to route traffic to Alteryx Server. Certificate is configured on the LB as well. We want to use SAML, and I have configured SAML settings in Alteryx system settings. When I try to sign-in, it takes me to SSO page and after successful signup it takes me back to Alteryx Gallery page, but login fails, and I get below error on the page.

Capture.PNG

After checking the gallery logs, I can see below error as well

2022-12-12 13:00:00.234816,ERROR,40,AlteryxServerHost,ErrorHandler,HandleError,,,,,,,,,,Exception caught by ErrorHandler and marshaled to client,"Alteryx.Server.Common.Exceptions.ForbiddenException: Access denied.->   at Alteryx.Server.Models.Presenters.UserPresenter.AddUser(User user)->   at SyncInvokeAddUser(Object , Object[] , Object[] )->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)"

I was able to find this article after searching for above error and service account user has all necessary permissions mentioned in the article on that instance Access is Denied. Need help to resolve this

2 REPLIES 2
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @pratikghodekar 

I would recommend reaching out to support@alteryx.com 

In the meantime, you can make sure you followed the correct steps via this article.

Hope this helps.

pratikghodekar
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply. I have used the Azure AD article which is part of the article you mentioned.
I have dropped an email to the support id as you suggested.