Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using two interface tools in a workflow

kpombo
7 - Meteor

Good Morning!

I am trying to create two reports in one by having the user choose either option 1 or option 2 and then having the action disable the container for the one the user does not choose but it does not seem to be working. Any ideas? Attached is a sample of what I am trying to accomplish.

8 REPLIES 8
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kpombo

You can define the behaviour using a formula within the action tool - see the attached example.

Hope that helps.

Michal

kpombo
7 - Meteor

Now I am getting an error saying "disabled containers may not contain interface tools" I need to have the radio button and the dates. so they choose option 1 or option 2 and then the dates for either.

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can pull the interface tools outside the containers, then use the Interface Designer Pane to nest those tools underneath the appropriate radio button where they will be hidden if it is not selected.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

kpombo
7 - Meteor

k - that worked! But now I am getting the input #1 was not initialized. 

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

The True/False portion of the formula may be off in one of the Action tools and not actually disabling the container.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

kpombo
7 - Meteor

I have fixed the formula but now I am getting both outputs!

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you please upload the workflow? I can have a look.

kpombo
7 - Meteor

It is working now! I had to copy and paste your interface tools into my workflow and then it all of a sudden started working correctly.

Labels