Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

unable to add SQL connection in Alteryx 2021

Rakesh_Jasuja
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am unable to add a new Microsoft SQL connection through 

Options > Advanced options > Manage Data Connections > Add Connection

i am using Alteryx 2021.

when I click Add connection, pop up window where I can mention database name is not appearing.

Please help 

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Rakesh_Jasuja  are you using the Admin installation or the Non-Admin installation?

Rakesh_Jasuja
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe ,

Thanks for the reply, it is non Admin installation, however there is no installation required.

all I am doing is that - trying to add SQL server connection for which I already have access.

usually when you try to add any new connection, a new pop up appears where you have to enter DB name /server name.

that pop up is not showing when I click add connection.

Hope this helps.

drew9
9 - Comet

Hi @Rakesh_Jasuja , please try closing Alteryx and then reopen with Run As Administrator. Sometimes Alteryx acts weird and closing and restarting fixes it. Let me know if this works.

Rakesh_Jasuja
8 - Asteroid

Hi @drew9 ,

Thanks for your response, however I don't have Admin access on my company provided Laptop, I will take IT team's help to see if this can be fixed, will let you know the results.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Rakesh_Jasuja  it sounds like your IT security department is blocking something (like a script that renders the button).  Let us know what you hear from them.

Labels