Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

save using range issues

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I am trying to save my output in 4 tab template and while i write to existing template by selecting range, Alteryx is not overwriting the template and there are extra lines. It is app and the write to output tool is enabled as well as over write range is ticked. i am using same output file template and saving in different tabs now. Please let me know if this description help and solution

thanks

RJ

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Raj_2 

Can you provide a snapshot of your output tool and the issue you are facing in your output files.

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

the output tool screen is attached, the issue am facing is i use the same input "tool" template to save the output and expect Alteryx to overwrite the range, but i can see it is not happening even if i select overwrite range and there are unwanted lines appearing in my output file. Originally, it is coming from the input, and im not using any blank template. Even if i need to use a blank template and write to that i m not sure whether it can be done based on multiple tabs. i want to use the template since we have logo and other details.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Raj_2 

The issue might be since you are taking filename from file browse interface tool its overwriting the range provided in the output tool.

Can you provide a sample excel file with a random logo similar to your template file.

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

No i am not taking the file browse tool and overwriting range, it is saved in different folder and i browse them separately. Logo is the not the issue, there are extra lines in output coming from input which should have deleted. If i use a blank template it will solve the issue but then renaming the file and tabs is manual work which i dont want to do.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Raj_2 

Try defining a longer ending range like A2:AZ99999 AZ99999 is the longer ending range. Check and let me know.

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Kind of solving the bigger problem, but formatting is gone due to that, other than reporting tool, do we have any other solution. There are gridlines in the template which is not there for the extra lines and grid lines appearing for the deleted rows, how do we solve this

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Raj_2 

Not sure whether it will work you try excel conditional formatting.

Its either reporting tools or preserve formatting.

Labels