Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unwanted quotation marks ""

Raj008
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a text file to modify and output; after modification and when I am trying to output the file, there is quotation mark in one of the records. How to get rid of the quotation marks?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Raj...

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Raj008 
Can you kindly give a sample input and output?
I am sure you can get help here.

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

If it's a CSV file that has quotes in the field then the field must be quoted.  If not, you can change that in the Output tool.

If it's not a CSV file then you need to supply more information to help 😉 

Raj008
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

The input is a flat file and the output is a csv file.

Sample Input - Store, 212, 5000

Sample Output - "Store, 212, 5000"

I dont want the quotes in the output

Thanks,

Raj...

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Raj008 

In your output settings do you have 'Quote Output Fields' set to 'Never'? As others have noted, if you have quotes in your data this may cause issues with wherever this csv is going into.

Luke_C_0-1630329948355.png

Raj008
8 - Asteroid

Hi Luke_C,

Thanks for the immediate reply. I have changed the output configuration to Never and in the delimiter to /0. It is working fine. I want to know whether is the right solution?

Thanks,

Raj...

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Raj008 

I wouldn't recommend setting the delimiter to /0, since your output won't be delimited. Your original output was probably adding the quotes because your data had commas in it (which was probably also your delimiter). I typically try to use pipe (|) delimiters since those appear much less frequently in my data.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

_

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@Raj008 

Glad to hear your issue is resolved 🙂

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels