Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

cross tab table into excel sheet

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

I have three separate cross tab table data in a workflow. I want to export each cross tab output into each separate sheet in single excel file. So whenever I'm running this workflow those three sheets need to be overwritten.

3 REPLIES 3
joshbennett
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@troy_mech 

I would suggest just adding an Output Data tool after each Cross Tab, and specify the same directory / filename for your desired Excel output, and then just configure the sheet name immediately following the ".xlsx" in your output fullpath to be "|||SheetName" (renamed to whatever sheet names you need.

Using a Block Until Done between your Cross Tabs and your Output Data tools will ensure you do not encounter any errors from trying to write multiple outputs simultaneously for the same file.

DextersLaboratory_0-1596710495694.png

See attached for example - hope that helps!

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your answer. I have added the block tool before the report however your suggestion works.

I have mentioned my workflow below,

Venkatesh_Sampath_0-1596711206722.png

joshbennett
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@troy_mech Nice! Yes, you can use the Block Until Done tool in that way too (assuming your data exists in a single data stream at one point so you can pipe it through Block Until Done. If you have separate data streams, you can use the approach I mentioned of just adding separate Block Until Dones before each output.

Glad you got it working (please mark as solved if you get a chance).

Labels