Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing cURL Statement with Download Tool

chineeloh
8 - Asteroid

Hi API Experts!

I have an urgent question: does anyone know how to convert the following sample cURL Request Statement into something that can be reusable with the Download Tool?

curl -v -X GET "https://dapi.kakao.com/v2/local/search/address.json" \ --data-urlencode "query=전북 삼성동 100" \ -H "Authorization: KakaoAK kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk"

I'm trying to use Kakao Map API to perform geocoding of Korean addresses (for more details on their API Doc, please see here: https://developers.kakao.com/docs/latest/ko/local/dev-guide)

I would like to eventually create a macro whereby a user can simply upload their Korean "address search", and the API can convert them into Lat/Long coordinates. Could this be done?

Thank you!

Best,

Chin Ee

2 REPLIES 2
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

I have attached a sample reproducing the cURL command.

The URL needs to be a field. This can be added using a Formula tool.

jdunkerley79_0-1589700001701.png

To add the Authorization header within the Download tool go to the Headers tab. I added it as a constant but if developing as a reusable macro I would take it from a field allowing the end-user of the macro to enter it

jdunkerley79_1-1589700082167.png

Finally to add the query, go to the Payload tab and then you can set it to read it from a field. The field must be named query as that is the required API format.

Hopefully enough to get you started

chineeloh
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @jdunkerley79  !!! The workflow works perfectly as intended! 

This will be very useful for many Korean customers.

Best,

CE

Labels