Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Windows Explorer within Alteryx is viewing sites in compatibility view- any way to change?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello!
I am currently testing a few things as a result of issues with authentication and connecting to Alteryx Gallery from Alteryx Designer. Currently I am getting a blank page and Fiddler traces suggest that Javascript is disabled (even though, it is enabled on my internet explorer). I have tried many things, however effectively it would appear that the JavaScript required to load the authentication is not working within Designer, despite it working within Internet Explorer. 

I was curious if Alteryx used different settings for Internet Explorer - and it seems to. I tested this with an explorer box navigated to https://www.whatismybrowser.com. On my PC Internet Explorer browser, this looks like:

TheOC_0-1628078154374.png

However, within the explorer box, this appears as:

TheOC_1-1628078176896.png

It is registering as compatibility view. Now my authentication software suggests not using compatibility view, and I would like to investigate this and rule it out as my problem before I move onto other things. Is it possible for me to change this?

Thanks,
TheOC

Bulien
1 REPLY 1
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @TheOC 

Couple questions just for clarification. 

• Is the issue that you are unable to connect from your personal desktop Alteryx Designer to your Alteryx Gallery?
  • If yes to the above, are you getting an error along the lines of "You can only connect to an Alteryx Gallery running the same or new version as the Alteryx Designer that you are running?
  • Is your Alteryx Server installed and running on a local server or a cloud based server?
  • Can you ping your server from your computer?
Labels