Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update Operators with Action Tool

fgrahner001
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I created this simple filter using an OR operation and I would like to be able to update the operation from OR to AND as needed when running the workflow on the server.

fgrahner001_0-1630353654160.png

Currently, my Action tool is running as an Update Value, Replace specific string. But when I update the operator to AND while running the interface tools, no records come out. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

fgrahner001_1-1630353785027.png

3 REPLIES 3
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@fgrahner001 

You may want to make sure that the string "OR" also isn't found in the values your CONTAINS() function are configured with. The Replace operation looks for and replaces ALL instances of "OR" found.

If there are, you can try changing the operators to || for OR and && for AND.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It looks okay to me, obviously you need to check that there are records that meet your criteria.

One other detail that people often forget is to make sure you have actually highlighted the custom filter expression as the piece that you wish to edit.

Ben

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

2021-08-30 (5).png2021-08-30 (4).png2021-08-30 (3).png2021-08-30 (2).pngIs your action tool connected to a Drop Down or a Textbox??? I just ran a Drop Down with values AND OR with my action configured to replace the OR and it worked fine.... Can you a) add a space before your OR and b) confirm that you have a browse or something set up to display after the true anchor in your interface designer? You can do what you are looking for in your app.

Labels