Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Trying to copy results from one RecordID (or month) to the next RecordID (or month)

Goran
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have a data set with 14 months.  Each month is assigned a record ID.  The most recent month (in this case April 2021) is assigned RecordID 14.  The previous month is Record ID 13, etc.

I have another column called Type.  In this column are a number of items but the one I'm interested in is WIP.  One more column is called Total which has the results for that month and whatever row the data lines up in the Type column.

What I'm trying to do is copy the Total results filtered on WIP in the Type column from its current RecordID to the next one.  For example:

RecordID 1, Type=WIP, Total=10

I need to have this Total=10 copied from RecordID1 to the RecordID 2 rows.  This should continue on with Record ID 2 being copied to RecordID 3 rows, etc.  Record ID 14 would "technically" move to RecordID 15 however since there isn't a RecordID 15 those results should just drop off in the new column.

The new column to hold these values can be called WIP Accurate

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Goran ,

Can you post your data, or some mock data, so we can help you?

M.

Bulien

Labels