Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Struggling Achieving Specific Output - Need to find a solution fast!

6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, 

I am struggling to achieve a specific output based on a certain set of data and rules.

Current data is as follows:

Owned EntityOwnerOwnership PercentageOwned TypeOwner TypeRelated Family
M CorporationA75CorporationIndividualAW
M CorporationAW25CorporationIndividualA
N/AAWF0N/AIndividualAW
X CorporationAW20CorporationIndividualA; AWF
O CorporationA10CorporationIndividualAW

Output I am looking to get:

Owned EntityOwnerOwnership PercentageOwned TypeOwner TypeRelated FamilyOwned Entity1Attributed Family OwnershipOwned Entity2Attributed Family Ownership 2
M CorporationA75CorporationIndividualAWM Corporation25X Corporation20
M CorporationAW25CorporationIndividualAM Corporation75O Corporation10
N/AAWF0N/AIndividualAWM Corporation25X Corporation20
X CorporationAW20CorporationIndividualA; AWF    
O CorporationA10CorporationIndividualAW    

Basically, the rule is you get attributed the ownership % in an entity if you are related to that person.  I tried using the find and replace tool in alteryx but the output gets messed up with a person owns more than two entities. 

As long as I get the information in red text as an output, I am not picky about how it represented within Alteryx.

Can someone please help with finding a solution? I've been trying to figure out the best approach.  Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi @32519 ,

Not 100% sure if I get your question correctly. But I believe Transpose and Cross Tab might help.

Capture.PNG

Attached is the sample workflow.

6 - Meteoroid

Thanks

Labels