Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Strange application of spatial analyis

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to do spatial analysis without geospatial components.

Here is the use case I'm trying to solve for:

I have a file that contains a list of shelves (Fixtures) and shelving units (Segments for a store and I'm trying to determine if a fixture is contained within a given segment.  Sometimes fixtures can span segments, sometimes they will only be contained within part of the segment.  I was looking at spatial analytics as I've done similar things at a geospatial level, but I can not seem to get the results I'm looking for for something on this small a scale, since the geospatial analysis works within set geospatial rules (which don't work when dealing with feet and inches, I've found).

In my initial test scenario, all shelves span all segments, but that will not always be the case for live production data.  I have provided sample data as well.

I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks!

Thomas

2 REPLIES 2
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @TKSnider 

I sent you a PM regarding this post. 

Cheers!

Phil

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

as a solution for this, I wound up having to completely change my thought concept on it.  I wound up looking at each product and determining if their x was within a fixture and then if the product was within a segment, this allowed me to eliminate a huge issue of duplication I was having since there is no clean relational association between the fixtures and the segments.

Thanks!

Labels